Walk for Life 2018 was held on FRIDAY, April 27, 2018 at Bisset Park!
Walk for Life is a family-friendly fundraising event that benefits the work of the Pregnancy Resource Center of the New River Valley. This year our Walk was amplified! Participants were able to choose from 3 events – our traditional walk, Zumba, or dodgeball tournament! It was a joy to celebrate all that God is doing in the ministry of the PRC by coming together to MOVE for LIFE! We are so blessed by the dedication of our participants in gathering sponsorships and creating a spirit of fun for this event. Everyone came together to make an impact for life in the New River Valley! Thanks for helping us make the 2018 Walk for Life Amplified a success.
Corporate Event Sponsorship
Thank you to all of our 2018 business event sponsors: Radford Coffee Company, Alcova Mortgage, Professional Rehabilitative Options, Sundown Electric, Hodge Insurance, Real Life Dental, and SignSpot!
If you are interested in becoming a 2019 business event sponsor, contact Kelly at 540-552-5556 for more information. You can give your gift using the button below:
2018 Walker Resources
- Paper Fundraising Form: For those who prefer to track their donations/pledges on paper, download and print as many copies of this form as needed.
- Fundraising Tips & Guide: Need some ideas for how to reach your fundraising goal? Check out this resource.
- Guide to Recording Pledges and Donations: Details on how to record pledges as well as cash and check donations available here.
2018 Team Captain Resources
Team Captains, you can check out these resources for promoting the Walk in your church, as well as information on how to create your team and invite others to join it. Updated 2019 forms will be available January 2019.
- Team Captain Handbook: Team Captain role explained, as well as suggested timeline for promoting the Walk and building your team.
- Bulletin Inserts: Printable inserts (2 per page) for your church bulletin or other publication. For pre-printed inserts, call the PRC’s Blacksburg office at 540-552-5556 to arrange to pick them up.
- Bulletin Announcements: Use these suggested weekly announcements in your church’s bulletin or by email listserv.
- Event Poster: Publicize the Walk for Life at your church/organization!
- Participant Goal Poster: Publicize your church/team goal for number of fundraising Walkers and your progress toward that goal!
- Team Sign Up Sheet
- Guide to Creating a Team
- Guide to Inviting Others to Join Your Team
2018 Top Walkers and Teams
Congratulations to our top teams in the 2018 Walk for Life:
- Christ Church – Radford – $3,520
- Redeemer – $2,395
- Radford Mamas – $1,760
Congratulations to our top Walkers in the 2018 Walk for Life:
- Debbie Brunk – $1,909
- James Trice – $1,500
- Elisabeth Swindell – $1,322
Walk for Life 2018 Photos
Thanks to Chelsea Anderson of Chelsea Anderson Photography for taking the event photos! The photos are available for free download:
Thanks to Carolyn Noble for taking the silly photo booth photos! The photos are available for free download: