Walk for Life 2018 will be held on FRIDAY, April 27, 2018 at Bisset Park! Check-in will begin at 5:00PM with the Walk and other events starting at 6:00PM.
Walk for Life is a family-friendly fundraising event that benefits the work of the Pregnancy Resource Center of the New River Valley. This year our Walk is amplified! Choose from 3 events – you can walk, Zumba, or participate in our dodgeball tournament! Teams and fundraising still work the same. And all individual participants, regardless of their event, still receive rewards for reaching certain fundraising levels. Also, plan to stay around after the events for some family-friendly activities and a light dinner!
Participate in the 2018 Walk for Life Amplified!
Can’t Walk or Move for Life with us? Sponsor a Participant!
Sponsor a Participant
Corporate Event Sponsorship
Thank you to our 2018 business event sponsors: Radford Coffee Company, Alcova Mortgage, Professional Rehabilitative Options, Sundown Electric, Hodge Insurance, Real Life Dental, and SignSpot!
To become a 2018 business event sponsor, contact Kelly at 540-552-5556 for more information. You can give your gift using the button below:
- Paper Fundraising Form: For those who prefer to track their donations/pledges on paper, download and print as many copies of this form as needed.
- Fundraising Tips & Guide: Need some ideas for how to reach your fundraising goal? Check out this resource.
- Guide to Recording Pledges and Donations: Details on how to record pledges as well as cash and check donations available here.
Team Captain Resources
Team Captains, check out these resources for promoting the Walk in your church, as well as information on how to create your team and invite others to join it.
- Team Captain Handbook: Team Captain role explained, as well as suggested timeline for promoting the Walk and building your team.
- Bulletin Inserts: Printable inserts (2 per page) for your church bulletin or other publication. For pre-printed inserts, call the PRC’s Blacksburg office at 540-552-5556 to arrange to pick them up.
- Bulletin Announcements: Use these suggested weekly announcements in your church’s bulletin or by email listserv.
- Event Poster: Publicize the Walk for Life at your church/organization!
- Participant Goal Poster: Publicize your church/team goal for number of fundraising Walkers and your progress toward that goal!
- Team Sign Up Sheet
- Guide to Creating a Team
- Guide to Inviting Others to Join Your Team
2017 Top Walkers and Teams
Congratulations to our top teams in the 2017 Walk for Life:
- Grace Covenant Presbyterian Youth Group – $6,267
- Providence Presbyterian Church – $2,780
Congratulations to our top Walkers in the 2017 Walk for Life:
- Ethan Greenough – $1,797
- Lucy Waters – $1,575
- Tammy Cupp – $1,534
Walk for Life 2017 Event & Silly Photo Booth Photos
Thanks to Riley Schmitt of Six & Co. Photography for taking the event photos! The photos are available for free download:
Thanks to Carolyn Noble for taking the silly photo booth photos! The photos are available for free download: